Skin Renewing Nightly Exfoliating Treatment
WITH MVE DELIVERY TECHNOLOGY GLYCOLIC-LACTIC BLEND
AHA serum with a blend of glycolic and lactic acids
As the skin ages, its natural cellular turnover and renewal process may begin to slow down, making it more challenging to keep fresh, healthy-looking cells on the skin’s surface1. A targeted skin treatment such as an AHA serum formulated with glycolic acid to promote the skin’s natural exfoliation can provide improvement in visible signs of aging.
Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Skin Renewing Nightly Exfoliating Treatment is an AHA serum with a 5% blend of glycolic acid and lactic acid for gentle exfoliation to help smooth fine lines, accelerate skin's surface cell renewal and clear away dead skin cells, without causing flaking or redness. With continued use, skin looks healthier, radiance is improved, and signs of aging such as the appearance of wrinkles, dullness, dark spots and enlarged pores are reduced. Potent, yet gentle and lightweight, this multi-tasking, overnight AHA serum is formulated with 3 essential ceramides that work together to lock in skins moisture and help restore your skin’s protective barrier, hyaluronic acid and licorice root extract to help maintain the protective skin barrier, immediately boost skin hydration and help visibly brighten and even skin tone after 8 weeks of use.* MVE technology encapsulates ceramides to ensure efficient delivery within the skin’s barrier and slow release over time. Supporting your protective skin barrier, long after you’ve finish applying. The creamy, hydrating skin treatment is non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- • Immediately after use: Skin feels smoother and intensely hydrated, and looks more radiant
- • After 1 day: Skin feels softer, refreshed and comfortable
- • After 1 week: Skin tone looks more even, pores appear minimized and signs of fatigue are visibly reduced
- • Skin Renewing Nightly Exfoliating Treatment is lightweight, easy to apply and absorbs quickly, with no greasy or sticky feeling on skin
- • This skin treatment is gentle and leaves skin feeling comfortable and soothed, with no appearance of redness, flakiness or peeling
*Consumer self-assessments in an 8-week study
AQUA / WATER / EAU, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE LYCOLIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6 , CERAMIDE NP, CERAMIDE AP, CERAMIDE EOP, CARBOMER, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, TRIETHYL CITRATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM LAUROYL LACTYLATE, CHOLESTEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, PHENYLETHYL RESORCINOL, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, XANTHAN GUM, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, BENZOIC ACID
Please be aware that ingredient lists for the products of our brand are updated regularly. Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.
(For refilled products in the store, the most up to date list of ingredients should be obtained locally after refill of the product on the point of sale).
- Glycolic acid and lactic acid (AHAs): Formulated with a 5% AHA blend to gently exfoliate and increase surface cellular turnover for visibly smoother, radiant skin
- Ceramides: Help maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Hyaluronic acid: Helps retain the skin’s natural moisture
- Licorice root extract: Known to help brighten the appearance of skin
- MVE Technology: Provides a steady release of all-day hydration
- Free of parabens and fragrance
- Non-comedogenic and allergy-tested
- Developed with dermatologists
Directions: Apply evenly to face nightly, after cleansing.
- Apply one pump of this skin treatment onto your fingertips, then spread evenly on the face and massage until completely absorbed. Can be used alone or followed by a moisturizer.
- Avoid the eye area and lips. If contact with eyes occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Before using for the first time, you may need to prime the pump by pressing it down completely 5-6 times.
- SUNBURN ALERT: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
Product Features & Benefits
Non-ComedogenicWon't clog pores
AHA (Glycolic & Lactic Acids)Increase surface cellular turnover to help smooth, radiant skin
MVE® Delivery TechnologyControlled release for all day hydration
The CeraVe Skin Renewing Nightly Exfoliating Treatment is an excellent way to gently exfoliate the skin. Formulated with well-known ingredients like glycolic and lactic acid, it helps to fight the signs of aging while ingredients like 3 essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid promote a healthy skin barrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this product need to be rinsed off?
No, this is a leave-on face product. It can be used alone, or followed with your moisturizer.
Can this be used during the summer?
Yes. The lightweight texture is ideal for use during the summer season, and the gentle exfoliation will help reveal visible skin radiance and a more-even skin tone. Daily usage of a broad-spectrum sunscreen is critical during the summer months.
Can this be used during the fall?
Yes. As the season changes from summer to fall, air becomes drier and can lead to skin looking and feeling dry. The gentle exfoliation will help keep skin looking and feeling fresh, radiant and hydrated with a lightweight texture that is ideal for the fall season.
Can this product be layered or alternated with other skincare treatments, like retinol?
Users should consult their dermatologist/physician to help determine if using these products together is right for their skin and how to use them together. When layered or alternated, the active profiles of AHA and retinol treatments can cause skin sensitization or discomfort for some users.
Can this product be used on the eyes?
No, this product is intended for facial usage only. Avoid the eye area and lips. If contact with eyes occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
What is the recommended Skin Renewing routine with this product?
We recommend using the Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum and Skin Renewing Day Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in the morning, and following with the Skin Renewing Nightly Exfoliating Treatment and Skin Renewing Night Cream at night.
Why do I need to exfoliate my skin?
With age, a decline in natural skin lipid levels, including ceramides, and reduced cell turnover rates can leave dead skin cells on the surface, leading to skin dullness, roughness and a greater appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells to combat the appearance of dullness and fine lines, as well as improve absorption of hydrating ingredients that bind water to the skin surface to increase skin hydration and overall radiance.
Can this be used in the morning?
Yes, this product can be used during the morning as part of your AM skincare routine, but should be only used one time per day. Whether it is applied in the morning or at night, a broad spectrum SPF sunscreen should be used during your AM routine.